Peep at the past - Shawbridge Street, 1961
This picture has been taken looking down the street from the pavement at the truncated part of the Jubilee building triangle where there was a post box.
The owner of the Jubilee Restaurant, Boni Antinori, was an Italian who was interned in 1940 but he did not re-open it when he returned after the war.
In Shawbridge Street at Cross Street the even numbers ended with the Methodist Church at The West at number 334.
One of the property owners listed here was Angus Pickard an eccentric Glasgow millionaire of the middle years of the 20th century.
The cars are a Sunbeam Talbot and an Austin Somerset.