Unlucky ‘Lok down to nine men by final whistle

Kevin Bradley slots home to give Pollok a 2-1 lead.
Kevin Bradley slots home to give Pollok a 2-1 lead.

POLLOK and Clydebank served up a nine-goal thriller on Saturday, but it was the visitors who left Newlandsfield Park the happier after clinching all three points.

Willie Irvine was able to name the same eleven who had defeated Largs Thistle seven days earlier, however it was The Bankies who made the brighter start.

They took the lead in the ninth minute when Stevie Dymock squeezed a shot past Morrison.

Pollok levelled two minutes later when Lee Nichol’s hanging cross was clawed away by Stefan Gonet to Kevin Bradley, who nodded back across goal to the waiting Iain Diack who made no mistake with the finish.

McGinty later produced a sublime pass to cut open the Clydebank defence, and Kevin Bradley neatly rounded Gonet before slotting home.

‘Lok extended their advantage six minutes before half-time with an Iain Diack goal.

But the moment that changed the game arrived seven minutes into the second half.

An off-the-ball incident involving Hobbs and Jordan Smith ended with the Clydebank striker lying on the turf and, on the advice of assistant Alex Paterson, referee Colin Steven showed the ‘Lok defender a red card.

The Bankies drew level with goals from Hobbs and Gold.

Clydebank then went in front after 73 minutes.

A corner was missed by everyone and fell to Darian MacKinnon, who stepped inside McMahon before slamming home.

Pollok drew level again almost straight from the restart. Lee Nichol found space 25 yards from goal and drilled home a low strike.

The winning goal arrived in the 88th minute when Hobbs, left unmarked on the right wing, crossed low to Darian MacKinnon to seal Clydebank’s win.

In the final minute a petulant kick by Bradley at Martin saw him join Smith in the pavilion.

Over at Hampden it’s been a topsy-turvy start for the Spiders with one win and two defeats.

Matches against Berwick are always close and this one played no different.

In 20 minutes, Berwick took the lead.

Two defensive headers failed to clear a free kick, conceded by Urquhart, and the second header from Little dropped on the edge of the box to be met by McDonald’s first-time drive which beat Parry again low to his right.

There was no change in the scoreline come half time. But Queen’s created more chances in the first two minutes of the restart than in the whole of the first half and they changed the game on the hour with a fine equaliser.

For the first time Burns managed to get beyond the Berwick backline down the left on a fine through ball from Meggatt. The youngster charged forward, kept his head, and then released a beautiful, left-footed, low, inswinging pass behind the retreating Berwick backline to leave Daly with a tap-in at the far post.

The game ended one apiece with the Spiders disappointed to share the points.