The name changed from King Street to Shawbridge Street around this time. The Clydesdale Bank was at number 268, but 270 also belonged to the bank.
From its well maintained appearance here it may have been the residence of the manager.
In the 1950s the bank merged with the North of Scotland Bank and the titles were combined.
Seven Chimneys on the gable next to the bank is puzzling. Four of them will be the flues from the rooms of the house, but did the other three really belong to the bank?
The building in the distance on the left is the tenement with the Jubilee Restaurant, seen in a previous view when it was in use in 1928 as the Eastwood District Registration.
Image courtesy of Pollokshaws Heritage Group, holding weekly meetings on Mondays at 1pm in the parish hall — all welcome along.