Note the light coloured strip with the Matilda Street name at the top of the glass of the lantern of the gas lamp standard on the left. The King Street name will be inside on the pane facing this street.
The white oblong projecting from the close on the left at what became 232 Shawbridge Street is a shop to let notice.
Beyond the next block a corner of the Royal George building can be seen, and in the centre opposite it is Pollokshaws West United Free Church with Auldfield Parish Church beyond.
The tenement between them contained the offices of John McDonald Company’s turbine works at the tree on the left.
Among the shops in the three-storey tenement on the right there’s a grocery branch of the Pollokshaws Co-op Society and a funeral undertaker.
King Street and Main Street together became Shawbridge Street in 1932, and The Shaw Bridge is in the distance.
Image courtesy of Pollokshaws Heritage Group, holding weekly meetings on Mondays at 1pm in the parish hall — all welcome along.