The original Pollokshaws West terminus had existed as a crossover at the end of Pollokshaws Road next to the Methodist Church since the trams first reached there in 1898.
In 1902 the track was extended to Rouken Glen but as time passed and with an increase in traffic using the crossover it became hazardous.
When WWII ended in 1945 the track was extended from Cross Street and a terminus was laid out in the less busy Nether Auldhouse Road. With a corporation inspector, a policeman on points duty and other onlookers, the arrival of Coronation tram 1211 on service 14 may have been the occasion of an unusual event.
The power collector on the roof is still in the ‘arrival’ position, but the driver is visible in the cab collecting the driving key to transfer it to the other end.
Image courtesy of Pollokshaws Heritage Group, holding weekly meetings on Mondays at 1pm in the parish hall — all welcome along.