Roadworks will begin in Eaglesham tomorrow (Monday, July 1) on parts of Glasgow Road and Gilmour Street.
Work is being carried out to resurface Glasgow Road and Gilmour Street between their junctions with Humbie Road and Cheapside Street.
Vehicle access will be restricted on a section of Glasgow Road, and also to sections of Glasgow Road and Gilmour Street from a number of side road junctions in order to allow the resurfacing work to be carried out safely.
A Temporary Restriction Order will permit the closures of:
• Glasgow Road – from Humbie Road to Balfearn Drive;
• Humbie Road – at its junction with Glasgow Road;
• Alexander Avenue – at its junction with Glasgow Road;
• Balfearn Drive – at its junction with Glasgow Road;
• Holehouse Road – at its junction with Glasgow Road;
• Tarff Avenue – at its junction with Gilmour Street;
• Airyligg Drive – at its junction with Gilmour Street;
• Gilmour Crescent – at its junction with Gilmour Street;
• Polnoon Street – at its junction with Gilmour Street.
These closures will not all be in effect at the same time. The resurfacing works will be carried out in a number of phases allowing access to alternative routes while specific closures are implemented. The alternative routes will be signed accordingly.
Resurfacing is expected to be completed by Friday, July 12.
A shuttle bus service will replace the normal bus service from Monday, July 1, to Thursday, July 4. Details of the timetable are included in the image above.