Life’s a beach for Lok

Travelling supporters were treated to sun, sea and success on Saturday as Pollok grabbed their first Stagecoach super premier league points of the season with a 3-0 win away to Largs Thistle.

Lok almost fell behind within forty seconds when ex-Pollok man Jojo Connolly raced towards goal, only to be denied by a superbly timed tackle by Jordan Smith.

‘Lok hit first after three minutes when Brian McGinty threaded a ball to Kevin Bradley, who hit the back of the net.

Bradley could have scored a second three minutes later but for a diving save from Connick.

More good solo play from Bradley created an opportunity for Stephen Swift after 31 minutes, but he drove over the crossbar, and sixty seconds later McGinty did likewise.

Largs were offering little at the other end during the half, but for an Andy Monaghan header that sailed over the bar.

The second half opened with Euan Lindsay drilling a low shot wide.

Peter McMahon then picked out Diack with a crossfield ball, but he sliced wide from 18 yards out. Pollok moved two ahead in the 68th minute when McGinty played in Stephen Swift, who swept it home with his left foot from 12 yards out.

A third goal arrived five minutes later when Lee Nichol’s corner was powered home by the head of Iain Diack.

Morrison’s best save came in the 78th minute when he touched a Connolly drive around the post, with Darren Docherty’s header from the resultant corner missing the target.

With ten minutes remaining the Ayrshire side were reduced to ten men when substitute Gordon Lappin was shown a second yellow card for protesting to the referee.

Bradley spurned two chances in injury time, hooking a shot over the bar then firing straight at Connick, but the three points were already well on their way to Newlandsfield.

Pollok return home this Saturday when Clydebank are the visitors to the southside as the sides meet for the first time ever on league business, KO 2PM.

n Meanwhile, Queen’s Park fell to Elgin 2-0 on Saturday.

The Spiders conceded both goals in the first half of their away trip to the Highlands.

The first goal was conceded after just seven minutes when Beveridge slotted an easy finish.

Just 20 minutes later, a long punt up the middle left the defence in disarray and allowed Craig Gunn to fire past a helpless Parry.

QP host Berwick at Hampden on Saturday, KO 3PM.