In the first six months of its 11th year in operation, East Renfrewshire Good Causes (ERGC) has already handed out more than £26,000 in supplies and donated goods.
The organisation has helped 92 individual beneficiaries bringing the total helped to date to 1872, by giving out £356,260 worth of goods, to good causes as identified by frontline staff in East Renfrewshire.
Some of the good causes ERGC has helped so far include:
• Combined with Chest/Heart/Stroke Scotland, the client and ERGoodCauses to purchase a riser/recliner chair for an adult who became mobility impaired as a result of a stroke
• Worked with five different groups/churches to cover the funding gap, after the funeral policy for deceased did not pay enough to cover all costs, leaving widow with a debt burden
• Clothing grant to try and help boost the self-esteem of a teenager who had been self-harming partly due to a traumatic family breakdown and being estranged from a parent
• Kitchen floor vinyl to make it easier for a wheelchair bound adult with muscular dystrophy to access her kitchen for cooking and being as independent as possible
• Five bags of groceries/toiletries to a minister for them to gift out to a deserving low income family within the area – loving a neighbour and making family feel cared for
• De-clutter and deep clean to enable an adult who had been in hospital due to mental health issues after struggling to cope with the death of their parent and carer – this helped facilitate hospital discharge and gave a decent standard for the care workers to support
Following his Christian beliefs, Russell Macmillan, a registered blind man, and a few trusted friends, set up ERGoodCauses.
He received a live saving double transplant in January 2007.
As of March 2018, the two organs have helped thousands of people in the area.
Together with his strong christians beliefs and with Easter just around the corner, Russell thanked all those iinvolved in East renfrewshire Good Causes
He said: “I’d like to thank all the dedicated, trained frontline staff from health and social care homless team, teachers and all the other staff who make East Renfrewshire Good Causes aware of the varying needs within our community.
“Without that expert knowledge, our business supporters would not be able to target our resources to those in need.”
Anyone wishing to join or help ERGoodCauses, can do so by contacting Russell Macmillan via www.ergoodcauses.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 0141 639 8230 or mobile 07714293256.