Dog owners in East Renfrewshire are being warned to keep their pets under control after a number of sheep and lambs were killed in a livestock worrying incident.
Police have been notified of the livestock worrying incident in East Renfrewshire.
A number of sheep and lambs were either killed by dogs or were left requiring immediate vet attention.
All dog walkers are being urged to adhere to the following advice:
• Do not enter fields where there is livestock.
• If you do find yourself this situation, exit the field as soon as possible.
• If your dog goes missing, inform the police immediately.
• Ensure that you are always in control of your dog.
• Keep your dog on a lead when in a rural setting.
If you witness a dog in a field where there is livestock and it appears to be chasing or attacking livestock, report the incident to police and if possible, notify the closest farm.