Significant gains have been made to make life better for people living in East Renfrewshire.
Highlights from East Ren Council’s latest end of year performance report show the commitment of the council and its employees to improve the lives of local people.
And council leader Jim Fletcher is thanking employees across the organisation for going the extra mile and putting residents at the heart of services to deliver on its key commitments.
Councillor Jim Fletcher said: “I want to thank all staff across the council for their hard work and dedication in ensuring our residents have access to high quality services.
“Everything we have achieved over the past year is thanks to our staff.
“Our council services are designed with the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to supporting our residents’and our performance gains shows the real difference we are making to the lives of people right across the area.”
The report highlights the pace and scale of ERC’s ambitious programme of change which reaches into every corner of its operations.
A significant range of new initiatives are delivering real improvements as part of this programme, including a focus on digital and online services.
Areas of excellence highlighted in the report include:
• 74 per cent of children reach key milestones by P1.
• 72 per cent of S4 pupils gain 5 or more passes at level 5.
• 97 per cent of parents surveyed are happy with their child’s school.
• 260 new businesses have started up in the area.
• 62 new affordable homes have been added to the area.
• 97 per cent of council housing meets quality standards, and97 per cent of domestic noise complaints are attended within one hour.
• All 136,185 community alarm contacts were resolved first time.