Nostalgia: Green View Street circa 1940s

editorial image

The rear end of one of Fraser’s Undertakers’ funeral cars is seen parked in front of the hairdresser’s shop.

Behind the woman pushing the pram is Lombardi’s chip shop and Lang’s cobblers.

Note the woman in the nearest upstairs window of the lower building peering out with her hand on the sill.

The Commercial Bank of Scotland built the three storey building with the two arches around 1900.

They occupied premises in the nearest arch, at 66 Greenview Street, and solicitors Prentice & Frew were in number 64.

This street was originally Cow Load, then Pollok Street, and finally Greenview Street.