With the west of Scotland set to bask in warm temperatures again this weekend, hundreds are expected to attend a Family Fun Day at the UK’s largest windfarm.
The free event at Whitelee Windfarm o will run from 11am – 4pm this Sunday, June 10 with the forecast set for another day of warm sunshine.
There will be lots for families to see and do and a raft of activities on offer including;
· Meet Ollie the Otter and learn how to build bee boxes with RSPB
· Outdoor activities with our Whitelee Countryside Rangers
· Clydesdale horse & carriage rides
· Fun experiments with the team from Mad Science
· Complete your ‘Daily Mile’ with Breaking Strain obstacle course
· Bike hire from Cycle Station
· A range of delicious street food
· Musical entertainment from the recently crowned British Champions, the ScottishPower Pipe Band
Windfarm owner and operator ScottishPower Renewables will also be running an Instagram selfie competition on the day with a iPhone X worth around £1000 up for grabs for one lucky winner.
More details can be found on the social media platform via @scottishpowerhq and signs will be there to guide those looking to take part on the day.
Whitelee is the UK’s largest onshore windfarm, located on Eaglesham Moor just 20 minutes from central Glasgow. Its 215 turbines generate up to 539 megawatts of electricity, enough to power around 300,000 homes.
With more than 130 kilometres of trails to explore, on foot, by cycle or by horse, with free parking and free entry to its onsite Visitor Centre and Cafe, Whitelee is a great destination for a day out with the whole family and their pets with dogs welcome too.