Residents across Greater Glasgow and Clyde are being invited to nominate their local NHS heroes for the prestigious annual Chairman’s Awards.
There has already been a significant number of nominations made, but there is still time if you haven’t already nominated an individual or team before the closing date next Wednesday, July 31.
The event celebrates innovation and staff who go that extra mile to provide exceptional care for their patients.
John Brown, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde’s chairman, is asking people to nominate and help identify those who deserve recognition.
For the first time, all seven categories are open to the public:
• Nursing: Your chance to nominate a top nurse or top nursing team who displays the best qualities of patient care and the ethos of nursing.
• Global Citizenship: Excellent examples of NHSGGC staff who have travelled overseas to provide healthcare and/or education to people in developing countries or in countries in crisis.
• Volunteer: NHSGGC has many volunteers – do you have a favourite?
• Better Care: Tell NHSGGC about the excellent care you have received through any of its services.
• Better Health: Have you received help to improve your health? Maybe it’s healthy eating, smoking cessation, physical activity, or activities aimed at improving mental health. Tell NHSGGC more.
• Better Value: Nominate projects which are saving time or resources.
• Better Workplace: A new award for 2019 – This category recognises the often unseen work of staff who are helping to make NHSGGC a better place to work.
Chairman John Brown said: “Each day when I visit services across the organisation I am hugely impressed by the people I meet and their dedication to their patients and the NHS.
“Our awards are a fantastic opportunity to shine a light on these people and to celebrate those who go above and beyond the call of duty to provide exceptional care and support.
“Last year the entries were of an exceptionally high standard and I’m looking forward to reading more inspiring nominations this year.”
To nominate your local health hero, go to NHDGGC Chairman’s Awards
The closing date for entries is Wednesday, July 31.