Following months of anticipation, the winners of the 2019 East Renfrewshire Business Awards have been revealed.
Over 160 guests attended the most prestigious night in the local business calendar at Dalmeny Park Hotel in Barrhead.
This year Elaine C Smith, one of Scotland’s best known personalities and entertainers, was host for the evening.
The event organised by East Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce also raised over £2000 for local charity Cure Crohns Colitis.
The 2019 winners are:
• Best Home Based Business Award (sponsored by East Renfrewshire Council) – Articulate (Scotland) Limited
• Developing East Renfrewshire’s Young Workforce Award (sponsored by George Leslie Limited) – Greenhouse CIC
• Family Business Award (sponsored by PBA, now part of Stantec) – I-Kick Martial Arts Ltd
• Excellence in Customer Service Award (sponsored by The Avenue Shopping Centre) – Speedy Freight (Glasgow)
• Most Promising New Business Award (sponsored by Business Gateway East Renfrewshire) – Shanta Residential
• Community Impact Award (sponsored by CALA Homes West) – Greenhouse CIC
• Best New Product or Service Award (sponsored by Procast) – Pure Lubrication Limited
• East Renfrewshire’s Best Business (sponsored by Taylor Wimpey West Scotland) – George Leslie Ltd
Chamber President Laura Molloy said “Thank you to our finalists, who are shining examples of the entrepreneurial creativity and economic drive that have risen to the challenges of our times.
“These are the businesses who are transforming the business landscape in East Renfrewshire.
“We thank our sponsors for their support, without which the awards would not be possible.
“We also thank them for their participation with us throughout the year; for providing their supply chain information and working with the Chamber’s smaller members, to help them develop their commercial capabilities.
“This support is unique to East Renfrewshire and invaluable to the businesses who receive it.”
Councillor Tony Buchanan, Leader of East Renfrewshire Council, added: “The council is absolutely delighted to be supporting the East Renfrewshire Business Awards again this year.
“This important event helps celebrate the good work of our local business community, which has a vital role to play in helping to grow the local economy, create jobs and enables inclusive growth.
“Congratulations to all the winners and the finalists.”