Following months of anticipation, the winners of the East Renfrewshire Awards 2018 have been unveiled.
More than 150 guests attended the most prestigious night in the local business calendar at the Busby Hotel, which showcased the region’s best businesses.
Hosted by Jennifer Reoch, the guests were also entertained by Edward Reid.
The event, organised by East Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce, also raised over £1000 for local charity Include Me 2 Club.
Audrey Ross, sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey West Scotland, said: “Once again we are delighted to be this year’s principal sponsor of the East Renfrewshire Business Awards and the category sponsor of the ‘Developing East Renfrewshire’s Young Person’s Workforce Award’.
“Being involved gives our business the opportunity to reinforce our commitment to the East Renfrewshire area as our plan to deliver new developments at Barrhead, Neilston and Maidenhill in Newton Mearns progresses.”
She added: “The winners have impressed the panel of judges and I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone –they are all an incredible showcase for their drive, spirit and commitment to the local area.”
John F Hamilton, ERCC Chamber president, said: “East Renfrewshire businesses are vital to the economy; generating jobs, increasing spend and enabling growth.
“It’s inspiring to listen to and recognise these successful companies’ stories and achievements at the 2018 Business Awards. Congratulations to all the winners and finalists and thank you once again to all our sponsors.”
The 2018 Winner are:
• Developing East Renfrewshire’s Young Workforce Award, sponsored by Taylor Wimpey West Scotland – George Leslie Ltd.
• Family Business Award, sponsored by East Renfrewshire Council – First Floors (Scotland) Ltd.
• Excellence in Customer Service Award, sponsored by The Avenue Shopping Centre – The Uplawmoor Hotel.
• Most Promising New Business Award, sponsored by Business Gateway East Renfrewshire – T30 Fitness Training.
• Community Impact Award, sponsored by CALA Homes West – George Leslie Ltd.
• Independent Retailer of the Year Award, sponsored by East Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce – Wedding Wise.
• East Renfrewshire’s Best Business Award (10 employees or less), sponsored by Work East Ren – T30 Fitness Training.
• East Renfrewshire’s Best Business Award (11 employees or more), sponsored by George Leslie Limited – Creature Comforts.