Window to the Past: Harriet Street, 1900
This is looking north at Cross Street with James McDougall’s tailoring business at the corner on the left.
The pub premises on the right with the beer barrel above the entrance, is seen in photo 156 when it was a chip shop. Beyond the cart with the tarpaulin is the ‘y’ junction with King (Shawbridge) Street.
The cart is standing at what later became known as the Jubilee Building. Robert Jackson’s shop to be seen in image 233 is in the centre of the three storey tenement on the right.
This view is looking in the opposite direction from the one in The Extra of 20/05/15.
Image courtesy of Pollokshaws Heritage Group, holding weekly meetings on Mondays at 1pm in the parish hall — all welcome along.