Window to the Past: Shawbridge Street, 1957

A peep at the past
A peep at the past

This view looks down to the Shaw Bridge and beyond.

Adam Millar plumber & sheet metal worker had owned the two nearest buildings here.

Traces of the fireplaces of houses that used to stand at the two cleared sites are visible on both gables.

On the nearest of these are theatre adverts and the mark of a roof ridge is prominent. Note the two storey tenement set back in the space on the left at the car.

The shop beyond Millar’s was occupied by Peter L. Scott jeweller and watch maker.

Image courtesy of Pollokshaws Heritage Group, holding weekly meetings on Mondays at 1pm in the parish hall — all welcome along.