Until it was demolished in the late 1950s, Redhurst was one of the oldest houses in Giffnock …
Some early form of the building seems to have existed on the site c.1861, first as a tied house on farmland, then as a private residence.
But the later house with its lodge (called Ingleneuk) dated from about 1895.
It was owned by Mr and Mrs Yuille who ran the local brickworks.
The company built the two red-brick rail bridges, still to be seen spanning Eastwoodmains Road and Sutherland Drive.
Redhurst was finally demolished to make way for a modern hotel of the same name.
Picture courtesy of East Renfrewshire Heritage Service.