ONCE sat in the centre of Rouken Glen Park, Thorliebank Mansion House is but a memory now.
Purchased by John Smith in 1839, the building was called Birkenshaw House and was built on the site of what was Brocklees Farm.
Later, after being purchased by printer Walter Crum, it was renamed by his son, Alexander, as Thornliebank House.
It eventually passed to the people of Glasgow and was even occupied during WWII.
But dilapidation took its toll and the building was eventually demolished in 1965.
Photo courtesy of East Renfrewshire Heritage Service