Eglinton Street in a former life. All the buildings in this picture have been demolished (the Coliseum is now the site of the O2 Academy).
A very different Bridge Street subway station is visible, also, on Eglnton Street — as, nowadays, it is set back from the street.
The Coliseum opened in 1905 as a music hall, capable of holding 2,000 punters.
It then became a cinema before becoming a bingo hall in 1980.
Unfortunately, it was severely damaged by fire in 2009 and was demolished afew weeks later.