THE date of this picture is unknown, save that it was from the last century.
The well near the gateway was erected in memory of Alexander Crumb of Thornliebank. To the left stands the Maxwell Aisle of the old Church of Eastwood, built by Thomas Jak in 1577; on the wall of which is the monument to Stuart of Pardovan, who is buried there. Here, also, is a tablet in memory of the late Lady Matilda Maxwell. Also nearby is a monument in memory of the Reverend Robert Woodrow, minister of Eastwood and author of many works including History of the Sufferings of the Church of Scotland.
Photo courtesy of East Renfrewshire Heritage Service.