Window on the Past: Eaglesham Road

editorial image

TAKE a long look at this (admittedly grainy) picture: it’s from 1926 and harkens back to a time long gone, when Clarkston was a much quieter place to live.

The main building, to the right, is a hostelry known as the Buck’s Head, near what is now Sheddens roundabout.
It’s been a few years since Eaglesham Road has been this quiet: not a car to be seen anywhere.

Picture courtesy of East Renfrewshire Heritage Service.