A HOUSE fire at Eastwoodmains Road cause a diversion of traffic last Friday afternoon.
Firefighters from Castlemilk and Clarkston attended the scene around 3.30pm and Scottish Gas was called upon after fears of a fractured gas pipe.
Inspector Alan Dickson, of Giffnock police office, told The Extra: “Roads were closed from 1530 to about 1730.
“The fire seems to have been caused by some sort of electrical fault in the house — but nothing criminal.
“Road closure was a precaution due to the presence of smoke and a suggestion the gas supply to the house could have been affected by the fire — it wasn’t.”