FIRE broke out near Merrylee primary school on Wednesday on the southside of the city.
And the school’s 400 children were sent home as a result because the building was left without heating or electricity.
The fire, at a junction box in a nearby street, also blacked out the Lime Tree nursery meaning they toddlers there were also sent home.
Around 80 homes in the area were also affected by the fire which cause a city-wide football tournament to be cancelled.
The alarm was raised when smoke was seen coming from a cable of a junction box at around 6.30am this morning.
A spokesman for Strathclyde Fire and Rescue said: “Firefighters attended an incident at Merrylee primary school where an electrical junction box on the street outside the school’s grounds was well alight.
“Our staff quickly put the fire with dry powder extinguishers before handing over to Scottish Power”.
Glasgow city council said the school and nursery would remain closed for the rest of the day, but was expected to open as usual on Thursday.