HAS any southsider mislaid a tarantula?
A Chilean rose tarantula has been found in the city centre inside a plastic tub and animal welfare officers are trying to re-home the arachnid.
A member of the public found the spider, whom animal welfare officers have named Rosie, near a rubbish bin and promptly took it to the charity.
Scottish SPCA chief inspector Fiona Henderson said: “The man noticed a plastic tub with a ventilated lid beside a bin and, when he went over to investigate, discovered there was a tarantula inside.
“Chilean roses are popular pets and aren’t venomous, but most people would probably get a fright if they came across one.
“Thankfully, the man who found Rosie wasn’t too fazed and he put the container in his car and brought her straight to us.
Tarantulas might not be everyone’s ideal pet, but they are wonderful creatures and certainly don’t deserve to be dumped.
“We’ll soon be looking to find Rosie a knowledgeable owner who will appreciate her”.