The tenement block on the left bounded by Greenview, Rossendale and Leckie Streets and Pollokshaws Road had other tenement buildings standing within it which gave delivery men unfamiliar with the layout endless trouble finding addresses there.
At the far end are Leckie Street and the old Free Presbyterian Church which was closed and had been used as a church hall since 1930.
Charles Hamilton had a fruit & vegetable business based in Pollokshaws for which he used a horse and cart to go round the local area and Pollok selling them.
He and his son were seen on weekdays on their rounds, and the horse was stabled in premises on the left here at number 5.
With its sign seen on the right, MacLachlan’s pub was known locally as Mac’s.